Thursday, May 29, 2008

A whole year has gone by!!

I just have to say, I love blogging! I am still awake, way past my bedtime, but I have so much to share!! I thought I wouldn't have anything to say, but stuff keeps on coming! I'm still trying to figure this all out, different layouts and what not. A whole new world has been opened up for sure!

So, for the summer I decided to skip out on school and take a break. May 1 marked my first year here in Happy Valley, and May 22 marked one year for my employment at Deseret Book. It is amazing home time flies by, seriously. This sort of milestone causes you to look back and recap on the year.

Happenings of the past year:
  • Moved to Orem because of an answered prayer
  • Moved in with a boy, while still keeping the Law of Chastity
  • Found myself with zero friends
  • Reconnected with extended family
  • Started college, 7 blasted years after graduating high school
  • After many attempts, finally got hired at Deseret Book
  • Gained a slew of fantastic friends
  • Joined the ASL Club at UVSC
  • Got a fabulous BFF
  • Became ASL Club President
  • Remember just how much I hate Math
  • Became slightly dumber after a semester of ASL Numbers and Fingerspelling
  • Met Duck Girl. Stalker Boy, and the Professor
  • Returned to Oregon twice!
  • Witnessed four beautiful baptisms
  • Remember just how much I missed the greenness of Oregon, and realized I would love to transplant my life there
  • Had an awkward, but later blessed phone call
  • Reconnected with a past friend
  • Started dating a real boy!
  • Took a random trip to Texas and received true loves first kiss
  • Brought home the first boyfriend to meet the parents
  • Learned life lessons from Suicidal, Stalker and Super Sweet roommates
  • ( this is turning into a long list...)
  • Started a second job
  • Oh, and how could I forget the lovely day i turned 25. Ugh.
  • Learned to appreciate all that my parents have sacrificed for me
  • Got my first of many student loans
  • Learned how to magically turn my pay checks into books
  • Attended my first BYU ward
  • Started interpreting for some Deaf families in the Cedar Hills ward
  • Realized how much I still have to learn




3 comments:

Camilla and Tim said...

wow! You've been a busy girl! So many memories in your list! :)

rebecca said...

those are all very good things! and im so happy i have been able to share some of them with you!

ATLP said...

Good stuff! What a list!