Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Second Job




Anyway, since I'm not attending school, I all of a sudden found myself with a lot of time on my hands, and nothing to do. I realized just how boring I am. So, my bit of brain cells got together, and came up with an idea. Why not get a second job?! Since I was 17 I've always had at least two jobs, if not more! (At the age of 20 I once found myself with four jobs! 1:The Learning Center 2: The School for the Deaf and Blind 3: Sno Shack and 4: The Spectrum newspaper route I was rollin' in the dough for awhile... I wish I had been smarter and saved it, oh well. You live and you learn...)


Anyway, enough rambling! Well, I did name this "Musings of Mon", I guess I ought to live up to it and randomly ramble...


Thankfully, Heavenly Father knew I was pondering this new option of starting a second job, and He blessed me with a great opportunity. Now, mind you, a fantastic opportunity would be something more along the lines of say, my major and interest of ASL, but this is good enough. At the Lion House Pantry, (a cozy little spot located in Deseret Book where you can lounge around reading fabulous books and eating fantastically delicious foods! AKA: my job) we have a large amount of repeat customers, most of them Mall employees. The kiosk right in front of the Bookstore, is Tangerine Juicy Jewelery. Last Friday, the owner, Jenny from China, came in for her daily Lion House Roll, and asked if I knew someone who needed a job, better yet, how about me...? Well, actually, yes! Me! She is so very willing to work with my schedule, and I now have a second job, three nights a week. Two of those three days I'll go straight from Deseret Book to Tangerine, causing me to work 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. We'll see how good it really is. Tangerine is really chill. They are cool with employees texting and reading books, so it should be good.


P.S. Come stop by the kiosk for some sweet jewelery!!

1 comment:

ATLP said...

I love! I think I will need to place an order!