Sunday, November 16, 2008

The $85 Kiss



So, I can only imagine what you are all thinking about my title :) Hee hee...

Alright. So, here's the scoop. Because of my gracious DB leader, I was able to have Saturday and Monday off last week. I was able to surprise my mom for her birthday and was able to watch LP for a the weekend.

As always I was procrastinating my return to the great white country, and I ended up paying for it. Literally. As seen the picture above, the Hewards' driveway is a huge downward slope. Mix that with the quirks of the grandma car, and we've got trouble. When granny is sitting at a downward slope and the gas tank is less than half full, the odds of it starting up are few. I jumped in and started her up. It sounded like she was on. Put her in reverse and hit the gas. She started rolling forward. My thought process, "Oh, its cause I'm on a down slope. I need to give it a bit more gas. I quickly switch my feet, brake, GAS! The next 4 seconds were in complete slow motion. Granny kissed the Sweeper truck. All I have to say is Tena's face was priceless! I didn't even think anything of it. I got out the car, laughing. Alan and Tena come up to the car and gasp.



Yep, I broke my headlight. Because of the age and beauty of the Granny, it was gonna be pretty pricey. We here in the Buick family, we roll high in class with REAL glass lights. At the local Checker Auto, they had to order the light and it would take 10 days to recieve and would cost $269. Holy..... I was dead meat. You kinda have to have a headlight. Bummer. Well, Alan was kind enough to drive me all around Washington County in search of a headlight. Two hours later we finally found one at a local salvage yard for $85. Thankfully.



In the first picture you can see LP is recreating the scene. My car wouldn't start, so Alan hooked me up to his truck and pulled Granny out with the chain. Quite an afternoon. As you can see, no damage done to the ole Sweeper Truck.




LP, our good helper :) He later told Tena, "Monica's car kissed the sweeper truck because they are both old". Thus, the $85 kiss!

6 comments:

CJ said...

Who is the darling little LP?

ATLP said...

What a Monday afternoon!! Love ya friend!! :)

Brenda said...

Sorry Moni about the whole unfortunate incident!! But it was super awesome having you hear for the week-end! And bonus we got to play with LP!! :)
Love and miss ya!
MOM

Maddi said...

Haha. I Mean Bummer!! Hey how come you havn't been to my blog????? =(

Love Ya,
Maddi =D

Maddi said...

Yeah you came to my blog!! I'm pretty pround of it. haha. well i guess i'll see ya real soon!!

Love,
*Maddi*

Dave and Lizzie said...

Sorry about the car accident! You blog is fun, it's good to kind of see you!