Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Are you kidding me?!?!


Between my first two classes, I have a 40 minute break which is when I usually do my homework for that day :) The spot mid-way between both classes that I chill in, is the cafeteria. This break I speak of, is in the mid-morning/late morning time frame. It's in between breakfast and lunch, so its usually pretty empty and quiet. Anyone who comes in can, for the most part, sit at their own table. I had strategically chosen the perfect table, perfectly separated from the other students. I pull out my planner, highlighter, pen, textbook and folder. I spread it all out so I can easily access each study item.


I get pretty focused, I'm reading some interesting information on the oppression of each gender, when some dude plops his tray of french fries and garden salad on my table! What the... He immediately turned to the table across the way and grabbed the salt and pepper, and I thought to myself, oh good, he's just going to use the salt and pepper and then will be on his merry way to his own table. NO such luck. He seasoned his delicious box of fries, and add on salad, pulled out the chair kiddy corner to me and sat down. HE SAT AT MY TABLE! I was SO close to opening my mouth and saying,


"Are you kidding me? There are 85 other tables in this whole cafeteria and you chose this table?!?!"


I was not going to move. I was determined to not make eye contact. I was not going to move any of my study materials. Not one inch. He then proceeds to spread out the newspaper. What?? Part of his morning reading material lays on top of my planner. Now, granted, I'm not using it to study, but come on! He is in my space! Come on dude! I continue to stew over him, and tried to focus on my reading. He then begins to eat, rather chomp and smack. Who is the guy?


Well, I ended up having to leave first cause I had class. But I held strong for 15 minutes!


Eat it, dude.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

You should have ask him out! Maybe that's what he was wanting....just to get your attention!! Ya never know! :)
Hee Hee!

CJ said...

Maybe he just needed some human contact like so many crazy college students need! But yes, I hate it when that happens!!! As in the voice of Stephanie Tanner "How RUUUUUDDDEE"!!!!!!

CJ said...

P.S. Way to go on studying!!!!! How's it going?