Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Adventures in Foods


My lovely roommate Kris has been asking for this recipe book for months, and finally for her birthday this last week, she got it! And now, I am her lab rat *Ü* I would like to share with you her first concoction with many to follow. She also got the Magic Bullet, which she has also been requesting for years!


We'll start with dessert.

Hmm..... Green and orange. What could it be?? Spinach and Carrots!!
INSIDE the brownies!!

But! The end result was delicious!! Kris enticed some guys to come over after ward prayer for our lovely desserts, but she didn't tell them what was inside until after they had eaten them! BWA HA HA! (Also we are having our very own party for the premier of The Office. The brownies have been requested!)


Next, Kris made us Aloha Chicken Ka bobs. Here she is magic bulleting the sweet potato and pineapple. I think we got all our vegetables in this one meal.... Yes Mom, Kris is taking good care of me :)



Here is the dipping concoction of pineapples, sweet potato, egg whites, and who know what else :)

Finished product! It was DE-licous! Thanks Kris!!

7 comments:

Camilla and Tim said...

I've seen this book at Sam's Club several times and wondered it it would be good! Spinach and Carrot brownies eh? Sounds, mmmmmm, delish ;)

ATLP said...

Goodness me! I am so glad you are being taken care of. Now is she for hire? I really could use here to help! :) I think with all those veges and finally a multi vit you will never get sick again.

rebecca said...

i am so intrigued... and look at YOU trying new things! ( i'll take 7 brownies....)

Matt and Camille said...

I am AMAZED that you tried all the new and crazy combinations of foods....good for you!!!

Brenda said...

WOW!!! What new and exciting things your experiencing!!! That's awesome! Great job Kris!!! I knew I really liked her! Keep it up!
LOve ya!

KelliAnn Christensen said...

When Kaitlyn stopped eating pureed baby food (right after I'd made a brand new batch!) I tried some of these recipes. I never tried the brownies, but they look good. :)

CJ said...

Grandma made Fudge from Cheese Whiz at relief society once. Unfortunately I was staying at her house that week while we were building our house in St. G. I had to try it. It wasn't bad, but then after a while passed you got this odd sensation that at some point who had eaten cheese whiz. I think the veggie brownies sound much better, but I wonder if putting all that chocolate in with them, and cooking them to death wether they still keep the vegatable nutritous goodness?