Monday, September 8, 2008

Bad Days Gone Good

Well, there has been a number of instances this last couple of months that have left me stuck with my own thoughts and desires, which honestly, aren't always the best. All of them, life lessons sent from a loving Father Heaven. I realize that, but struggle to reach out for "his arm is stretched out still." Most songs send me back to a precise moment in time. This one in particular takes me back to my desk looking out the window of the Seybolts basement, AKA our missionary apt, musing about life as a missionary and the experinces I was having. A mixture of some intense thoughts and emotions.

She sees the storm clouds gather
The sky is turning cold and gray.
She knows that somethings coming
when she starts to feel this way.
She pleads for intervention,
but heaven offers no relief,
She would understand if she could only see.

Sometimes He lets it rain
He lets the fierce winds blow
Sometimes it takes a storm
to lead a heart where it can grow
He can move mountains of grief
and oceans of pain.
But sometimes He lets it rain.

When her heart surrenders
to the Master in control,
Her spirit learns the lessons
of the tempest in her soul.
When it's no longer raging,
she can see how far she's come
through the wisdom and
the mercy of the Son.

Sometimes He lets it rain
He lets the fierce winds blow
Sometimes it takes a storm to
lead a heart where it can grow
He can move mountains of grief
and oceans of pain,
but sometimes He lets it rain.

There is no joy without the pain
Sometimes He has to let it rain.

So many times, it seems easier to run away and forget about everything. But more times than not, that will just cause more problems. So here I sit, continuously musing.... this song running through my mind. "There is no joy without the pain".

As I have moved to a new apartment, and school has started, I'm finding myself set up in a pretty good situation. New institute classes full of inspiration and the Spirit; a new roomie who offers me much need support and laughter!; a new ward full of new opportunites and possible friends; a new position at work with even more support, responisbility and a little bit of fun :); and of course my family and long time friends near and far. Good things. As soon as I get down on myself, I am kindly reprimanded and reminded of the good that is there. I know this, there just seems to be that nasty mist of darkness that keeps trying to creep up on me to distract and confuse me. I look back and wonder, how did I get here? What has led me to this particular time and place? What opportunities are ahead of me? What goals should I set to continue growth and improvement? Sounds like I need to do some serious DTR with myself.... hmm...

3 comments:

rebecca said...

you are such a smart woman. i love you:)

ATLP said...

love you

The Selleneits said...

So hello there, I am so glad you are doing good. I hope you enjoy going to school. Thanks for your comment about my new baby girl.