Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He IS real!!

Kirby Heyborne is a real live person! I know cause I SAW him today!! He came into the store to promote his newly released CD, "The Elm Tree". All morning we were so giddy, awaiting the clock to strike 3:30 pm, this appointted time of his arrival. Whe he came, we were so shell shocked, and scared!! All I could do, was stare at him. He is our Tom Cruise of the Mormon Media. He is just so lovely and personable. Well, I can't exactly speak from experince... I was too chicken to go say hi. I know, lame. But my sweet and thoughtful roommate asked him to sign something for me! The nearest object was a bag. He told Kris to tell me to put all my hopes and dreams into this bag, but then said, "The bag is kind of small, so tell her she can't dream too big...."

Too bad I wasn't as brave as this girl.....

Great news!! You too can come meet Kirby. He will be at our store again THIS Saturday!!! He will be there Saturday, April 4, 2009 12-1:30. Take this opportunity to come chat, he is super nice. As well as the following authors:
:: Elizabeth Craig :: Josi Kilpack :: Jed Knudsen & Daryn Tufts :: Brad Wilcox ::


And then that same Saturday evening, we will have our bi-annual "Ladies Night". Great atmosphere, great music, humanitarain projects, refreshments from The Lion House Pantry, Author signings, and live entertainment. The first 100 ladies will also recieve a free gift, but I warn you, you'll have to come pretty early to stand in line! There will also be drawings through out the evening for great product from a fabulous company: Deseret Book. (And yes, every DB location hosts their own Ladies Night. You can join in on the fun at any location.)

The following authors and artists will be in attendance at Ladies Night:

:: Ally Condie :: Julie Olson :: Tamilisa Wood :: Mercy River::




While the men are away the women will play!!

7 comments:

Errin said...

wow, thats way cool!

Brimaca said...

Cool!

I love ladies night but we don't have Deseret Book here.

Maddi said...

O sweet I want to meet him. O wait I'll be up there this weekend!!Yea Maybe We'll come and stop by!!! =D

Josh and Micah said...

Kirby is much better than Tom Cruise. :) I am jealous you were graced with his presence! :)

South Jordan Central Ward said...

Ok....why is it the FIRST conference I'm gone that you get all my favorite people!?! Kirby Heyborne was like my first celeb crush. He has a W tattooed in a heart on his chest. He drew it on him on a poster I have of him :D. And Daryn Tufts?! He's a more recent love of my life. Josie Kilpack is one of my favorite authors, too. I am SO jealous!

Crystal Noel Perry said...

Oh don't you worry one bit. :) If you should be ga-ga over anyone it should be Kirby. :) He's definately good-looking and hilarious. First impressions are hard...I probably came across as a smug jerk-not what I intended. You're great!

Mariesa M. said...

That's too bad you didn't get up the courage to talk to him yourself! I went to a CD signing he was at last year to get a CD for my little sister. Funny thing is her name is Kirby too. He thought that was really interesting. What a nice guy though!