Sunday, October 26, 2008

A night of . . . fun?




Last night UVU sponsered a night with Glenn Beck. He recived an award from BYU, which unfortuantly I don't remember what it was... Anyway, Deseret Book was a part of the evening and we sold his product. Sounds like fun huh? Well it was, but not in the way I had pre-determined it to be. They requested our presence promptly at 5:30. (I was a bit late, as I was attending my own premeir party with the cousins at High School Musical 3!! Oh yeah!!) I showed up, promptly at 5:55. Just in time to help take the last load of 1,000 lb books up to the display tables. We set it up all nice and pretty, and we sat. And sat. And sat. We became the information booth by force. Forever destined to answer the age old question, "Where's the nearest bathroom?"

We weren't able to hear but faint echoes of the show, and froze in the entry way of the event center. But a here's a few interesting facts learned from the evening:

* I can successfully palm 11 cd's.
* Stale chips taste better than bland cheese sauce.
* Eric prefers can soda over fountain or bottled soda.
* Screaming inside an elevator will not save you from being squished to death.
* Whitney prefers reading her journals from high school rather than have sophisticated conversations with her fellow co-workers.
* 0 out of 3 people have never climbed to the Y on the mountain.
* Eric has never worn a bra.
* Rolling dumps (aka bookshelf with wheels) were not made for road side travel.
* When desperate, humans will spend $2.50 on a churro, and $2.50 more on a 20 oz soda.
* Everyone deserves a smile.


All in all, it turned out to be not such a bad night after all. Thanks for sharing it with me!

P.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out the photo below, look closely... what do you see??

6 comments:

Burlene said...

I see.....YOU! What do I win? Hee hee
who took the pic if your in it....far away?
Glad your having a great time blogging today.

rebecca said...

loving all the new posts! also loving how fun this event sounds!

Whitney said...

Haha. You made my night! And it was the pioneer award!

sagewillow said...

I like Glenn Beck, too bad HNN gave him the boot. Now I have to wait till january to watch his show again.

Eric and Kassi said...

Well if Coconut Bras don't count then Eric has never worn a bra. :)
-Kassi

Brimaca said...

I see you!