Sunday, July 13, 2008

...and we don't even mind the rain...

Today President and Sister Fugal reported for their service in the OEM. I was SO dreading it. (but not to see them! my fellow misimerries) Scared out of my mind. My sweet friend Chanda Rose accompanied me. We arrived after an hour detour, thanks to Map Quest... We arrived at the church, and sat there. And sat there. We couldn't move. Evidently, we are both nervous pee-ers... and we were full of butterflies. We trudged out of the grandma ride and into the church. I was scared out of my mind as to who we would see first off. Despite the detour of Map Quest, we still arrived a half hour early. We merged into the chapel and scoped the place out. Not many missionaries just yet. We quickly found a seat, and prepared for the show. Two by two, and some by threes, everyone started arriving. It was all very exciting and nerve racking. The meeting began and the awaited moment came. It was like I was transported back in time, it was as if we were back at a Zone Conference. My heart swelled with joy and love and sadness all at the same time, it was fantastic. When President stood, he invited all of us RM's to come to the stand and we sang the blessed mission song. I cried! It was so overwelmingly beautiful. Chanda Rose and I estimated 100-150 of us standing there, united together by our service and by the goodness of the Gospel. Afterwards, we headed to the Fugal's home for some lunch and to visit. The nerves came back fast and furious. I was now going to have to socialize! Oh man... It turned out to be the most fabulous afternoon ever, minus my scrunched up toes that had been stuffed into my sisters' shoes... I was trying to look sophisticated in high heels, bad idea. Anyway, I chatted it up so very much with my fabulous friends from the mish. I just loved it. Everyone was married or engaged, and three sisters prego. Kind of depressing, but not at the same time. It was so good to catch up with everyone. Good times. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera along... so I've attached some fun ones from the mish.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Matt and Camille said...

good times!! wait more like AMAZING times :)

Camilla and Tim said...

Sounds like a great time! I don't know how you toughed out the heels, I don't wear them!!

Brenda said...

I'm so glad that you went and had a great time!
Awesome!!

ATLP said...

Glad you had a great time! love ya!