Monday, June 2, 2008

Busy but, Good Weekend

My dear friend Camilla Weber-soon to be- Deans, was able to enter the Temple for the first time this weekend, and she invited me to attend. It was my first time to visit the beautiful Salt Lake Temple. It was an extrodinary experince. Many thoughts of the Pioneers and their many many sacrifices to build such an amazing structure to further the Teachings of Jesus Christ came to mind that day. I was reminded of my own personal responsibilites, and did a self evaluation on ways to be better. Life sure gets stuffed with crap, and its easy to fall to the wayside and go through the motions just to survive. It seems like that anyway. We always hope and wish for an easier way to find happiness and to complete our plans and goals. I'm finding that lately. Wishing for such a thing, isn't going to get me anywhere. "Happiness is a journey, not a destination." I'm trying to implant this in my brain, or maybe tattoo it on my forehead... I do know that this journey can only begin and continue when focused on the Gospel of Christ. The Temple helped me to refocus, I'm sure grateful for the many blessings in my life.

I was a little nervous to go into the SLC Temple by myself for the first time, so I called up my dear Auntie Burlene. She eased my worries, and helped me to enjoy the moment.
I love you Leenie!!

Surprise Visit from my Mom!

My Mom works at Costco (she's an 8 year vetren!), she is a Manager over Membership, plus a whole lotta other stuff I'm sure. On her Marketing Team, is a crazy and fun sweetheart, Melissa. They came up to SLC for the Primary Chidren's Medical Center Telethon. They came to present a check of their donation, and to answer phone calls. Thankfully, she gave me a call and we were able to meet up. Melissa had never been to the Myan Restaurant, so we met up there for the sweet entertainment and good food. As you look at the photo of my mom and me, you notice the man to the right of us. We were ordering our drinks and Melissa shouted out TEQUILLA! This man looked over and continued to give crusty looks all night.

Burlene's signature look :)

After being with Burlene all day, I finally noticed we were wearing twinner skirts!
Rubbing the Budda Fish

The Primary Children's
Medical Hospital Telethon


The lovely phone answerers
Behind the scenes look at the set
The beautiful Melissa presenting Costco's donation check.
She could be the next Vanna White!


Sweet family sharing their experince at the Hospital. At the end of this segment, the 3 year old was giving his donation of coins he had earned. As he was holding it up for the camera, the bag burst open sending coints everywhere! It was funny, and his face was so cute.

I was able to sneak in for a picture with the check...

2 comments:

ATLP said...

You were BUSY my Friend! You still had time to work on your blog plus text and chat with me!?!? Great photos and fun times with your Mom. Good stuff!

rebecca said...

what a fun weekend!