Friday, June 6, 2008

One Year Ago

June 2, 2008 marked another milestone. I've been thinking about it this past week, realizing the greatness that comes from the Gospel. I've seen it within my own life, and within those I was able to meet and teach in the great state of Oregon. During the last six months of serving in Oregon, I was in Santa Clara (no, not in Southern Utah :)). It's a suburb of Eugene. There we had the blessed opportunity to meet Milo and Kym Wiltbank. They were a part member family, whose Home Teachers referred them to us. We began teaching them, and had some of the most spiritual and heart warming experiences. It wasn't until June 2007, after I had returned home, that they were baptized. Because of some very dear friends of mine, I was able to return and witness it. Milo was able to baptized Kym, and their son Austin. In the coming year, their daughter Hailey will be turning 8, and I hope to once again return and visit. It was so fun to stay a few days and see other dear people who have touched my life in more ways than one. A part of my heart will always lie in Santa Clara, OR. I am happy to hear that they are continuing forward with the goal of attending the Temple and receiving their patriarchal blessings in the coming months. I love you Wiltbank family!!



1 comment:

ATLP said...

You are really doing top noch work keeping your blog up!
Glad to see these pics! Was this the first trip back last year?