Friday, June 20, 2008

People Watching

Sitting at the kiosk, I have a front row seat in the avenue of life. People watching has become my new past time. I have already commented on a few things. (kid leash, parental units, child punishments) The story I have to share is a good one, its funny. Well, I think so. A mom and her son, who I would guess is around 3 years old, walk up to the kiosk. Unbeknownest (made up word) to the untrained eye, the lovely kiosk builders, made the counter of the kiosk at kid eye level. Every single child in the mall is drawn to the cart, they see something shiny and bright, and of course want to touch it, right? So mom is checkin' out some necklaces, and the little boy starts reaching for the shiny objects in front of him.
"These aren't for little boys to touch. Only mommy's touch."
He continues to pick up earrings.
"I said, these aren't for touching. Only mommy."
"But I'm pretending to be a mommy!"
Ha! Smart kid :)

Yesterday there was a lady chillin' on one of the benches in between the kiosks. She had just purchased a sweet chocolate cream cake slice from The Lion House. If you haven't tried it, you are so missing out! I wish I could find a picture of it, but I can't. It's a three layer chocolate cake with whipped topping layers in between and a thick fudge frosting. So good! Oblivious to the world around her, this lady proceeded to eat her cake. As she took each bite, she would seriously make out with her fork! Making sure she didn't miss one morsel or potential crumb! Again, not a pretty sight. Lesson learned? Be aware of your surroundings.

Lastly, its another complaint to parents world wide. I understand the purpose behind it, like the leash, but really, is it necessary?? Squeaker shoes. Some smart person realized the burden that is placed upon parents to keep their kids rounded up. The little ones seem to mysteriously and silently go missing. Often. Why not put a little squeaker in the heel of their shoes.... Potentially brilliant, but to the rest of the outside world, ANNOYING!

2 comments:

Camilla and Tim said...

Love it! Sounds like a fun job... or something to do while you are doing your job. I've never even heard of the squeaker shoe! Do they really make that?!

ATLP said...

I don't know these Squeaker shoes. By the way you get Preston in a large aiport or theme park with out a leash! AKA "Baby Bear" to him.