Friday, June 20, 2008

The Second Job, part 2

Here is the little kiosk. To the left is the Disney Store, and to the right is Deseret Book. (Farther down in this post you will see the Lion House Pantry sign) I know this isn't that exciting, and some of you are probably say, who cares? But, this is the life that is mine...

Check out the sweet jewelry. You know you want to come, say on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or maybe a Friday night, and pick out some sweet jewelry... just a thought....



Ok, so there is a story behind this lovely tarp thingy... It is a very particular piece of equipment. There is only ONE way to put it on. Believe me, I know. The first night I worked, I was trained by the manager, China Jenny (she's super nice by the way!) We finished all the closing procedures in like five minutes. Naturally, I figured, with only one person it should only take say, ten minutes to close. Mall rules, we can't really begin to close before 8:55, but Jenny and Shawn want us clocked out by 9:00. Anyway, here I am the next night, closing up shop by myself. I'm stoked cause at Deseret Book, we are stuck there closing up till 9:45- 10:00. Tangerine job, I'm out at 9:00! I had everything under control, and by 9:00 I had half of the tarp up. There are four corners to the cart, obviously, there would be four corners to the tarp. I hang it up on all corners, (p.s. see that dinky chair? I have to climb up on that to reach the metal hooks that the tarp hangs on. I know it's not a pretty sight for all passer-byers. Sorry!) and I get to the end where it has a zipper. All I do is zip it shut and put the lock on. Fifty-Five minutes later.... yes, that number is correct, 55. It was awful. I learned every single possible wrong way to hang that stupid tarp. You could consider me the kiosk tarp expert. Everyone at Deseret Book left before I did. I felt so lame. The Mall manager kept coming by to check on me... "Don't worry dude," I thought to myself, "I got it. Don't worry about not offering to help me....". For real, he never did. Just asked how I was doing, and would comment when it looked like I had made progress... Geez

The new phrase of life this week: You Live and you Learn. So be it.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I LOVE the story of the Tarp dilemma....of course the Mall manager was a man cuz a woman would have helped you in a heart beat...without any prompting!! What UP....
Ok my own opinion! sorry...

Camilla and Tim said...

awwww... and there is your cute pink purse. :) haha. Sorry about the tarp thing, I can't believe that guy didn't offer to help! geesh!

ATLP said...

I love the little kiosk! It is so cute! I love the jewelry! I guess I will have to visit. Sorry about the tarp! My word. You must really love me because a time or two I think you might be texting me during that task?!?!?! You are really gaining some good skills there! Alan said you might be ready to cover a load on a big rig.*Ü*